Monday, December 10, 2012

An owl is born!

I love this little guy, isn't he so cute? He is suppose to be a pin cushion. This is one of my favorite projects and it is the cutest gift to give. 
You can find the pattern from www.thediydish.com  Their are a lot of cute projects on their site. You can find my other owl pincushions from this post.


 
So here is a rundown of how he was born.  I love selecting the fabrics. I found the owl stands out more when you use a contrasting color. Once you put the face on you are going to sew the front to the back and turn it inside out.
When I started stuffing my owl I used cotton stuffing first to shape the ears. 

I also shift the stuffing to the edges 
Then I pour these walnut shells into the middle of the owl. The reason why I like to use walnut shells is because it gives the owl (or any pincushion) weight.

Make sure you stuff, stuff and more stuff. You will want your owl to be plump!  then just hand stitch it shut.

I used a hot glue gun to attach the legs.

And here he is! I want to give him a name however he will not be with me very long. I made him for a fellow sewing friend of mine. Its going to be a Christmas gift.

I love these guys, I had to have a little photo shoot! 
His friends are definitely going to miss him once he is gone, hehehe.

Thanks for looking! Click on the links below for more projects!


Sew Chatty 
Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. oh these are so so cute!! I love owls!! :) Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are soo cute! I love them too, I've also seen them on the DIY dish! Great site!! :) Have a good night! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...