Sunday, February 19, 2012

bird cage

So I was at Ross the other day and this was sitting all alone on a shelf. 
When I saw the price tag I didn't even think twice..

$9.99, not bad considering every other bird cage I have come across is about $29!

so what I did of course is paint it white! I kinda think I should have left it that metal rusty color but too late now.
So here it sits with so many possibilites, I can fill it with burlap balls, for easter I can put pretty fancy eggs in it. I also saw a white owl at Rod Works too...

So it just sat empty for a couple weeks because sometimes if I can't decide then I just don't do anything. Then My sister n law came over and said "why don't you just put some lemons and limes in it?"    BRILLANT and SiMpLe!  and it goes so well with my pillows.

So here it is with the lemons and I'm not digging it.  do they look rotten to you?  The other thing that is weird is when I put lemons in it the other day I could have sworn there were 8 and now we are down to 4? What happen to the other lemons? Who would eat not only a fake lemon but a rotten one? 
So off to plan B...
Then I found these pine cones and Bed Bath and Beyond for $1.29  And then I found this owl at a local shop...What do you think?


I kinda feel bad for him, he's way to cute to be locked up in a cage. I think I might go back to the lemons.
What do you think?




 The DIY Show Off






1 comment:

  1. The owl does look a bit sad in his cage - maybe he'd enjoy a lemon or two??


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...